Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Memasak

Assalamualaykum,

Hari ni hari last. Rasa tak nak kacau orang, jadi rasanya lebih baik aku kacau keyboard. Tak banyak nak cakap. Cuma perihal memasak.

Memasak macam salah satu 'rukun' dalam kehidupan wanita. Of course, if it is not because of the cooking from my mother hands, I wouldn't be this 'big'. Cooking as whole, seriously is an art. To start cooking is not something as easy as it look. Because the cooking is pretty much really hard, I kinda really don't wanna start cooking. Well, until, I had to take my first hand on the chopping board, rices, etc when me and my brother watched a show called 'The Iron Chef'. The show was stunning, because it involved 2 master class chefs to compete each other based on 1 predetermined theme chose by the organizer/judges.

Well, apparently, it was a bad idea to start cooking with just a simple knowledge: recognizing which is salt, and which is sugar, and Aji-shio. Well, that was not my first experience in cooking. My first experience was actually playing this 'masak-masak' game, which eventually getting my father's nerve on, because he thought that I would be a 'sissy' boy by playing this game. So I just stopped, and be just like a normal boy, touring around the village, fishing, catching chickens, and some other normal fun kampung boy does as always.

Then, sometimes, occasionally, I had to cook myself by just my mother directing me via the phone what to put this and that into the pan. And it turned out quite well. But not the rice. But, I was 11 years old at that time. But hey, first experience to make something really made a difference.

And my life continues, until I'm here, Russia. A place where apparently at first, like a desert to me. Of course, I even thought you cannot eat anything from here, and I even thought that all the water in here are actually vodka. Ok, I'm just exaggerating. Anyway, I really struggled during my first year to cook something. But then why does my seniors can cook, while I am not, right?

After 2 years of cooking, I finally understand what cooking is all about. It is really an art. And it doesn't come without lots of efforts. At first, I am really into baking, well, since it is very costly, I eventually hate it. Until now. Unless, it is low risk, like doing Apple Crumble, scones, etc, then I can get my hands on doing those recipes. In Russia, like I said before, life teaches you to do everything. Not necessarily missing my family, its actually from A to Z, and the cooking is the best part of it.

Now, I have lots of interests into cooking (not baking), trying out various of recipes (and succeeded mostly), and glad that, this is actually a medium for me to release my stress. Eating good foods undeniably is good, but giving it to someone else to try it, really gives you some kind of satisfaction. I am not bluffing this because of course, I don't cook for applauses or what, but for me, to understand the meaning of "Mak, mak masak sedap gila hari ni. Ayam masak merah mak habeh licin" is a wonderful feeling. My mother is a good cook, and I really admire her till these days.

It's like a routine, whenever I wanna eat my dinner, I will surely surf these youtube channels. All of them are about cooking. Let me share with you:
- Foodwishes
- Laura Vitale
- Sorted (one of the best)
-Gordon Ramsay's The ultimate cookery course
- Heston Blumenfield

Follow and subscribe them!

I have a deep obsession with Gordon Ramsay's style. His cooking was exceptionally good. And I actually learnt a lot from his shows.


Cooking isn't something that hard. But it is hard to start. There's a difference. Ouh, btw, I'm not saying this because I am good at cooking, but because I wanna share my passion in cooking and good foods. That's all.

At first, I thought that ehem, urm, my future wife should know how to cook. But then, my father said something to me, and I pretty much learned the message.


It is something else that matters. So be less picky, and enjoy what you have :)


This is my raya video. I miss them. Badly. Really really reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy badly. :'(

This is one cute cat with cute palms. Look at those palmssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Time ni tengah meraya dekat adik beradik. Ouh, sorry, the cat stole my attention. 

If you think that the Malaysia has the worst hospital service ever, now look at THESE PEOPLE. Look at the condition of this hospital. And this is a very typical hospital in Russia, for your information. And they didn't even bother to complain about it. Malaysia? Meh, ungrateful people. Kaya tak pernah akan cukup. Harta tak pernah dilihat banyak. Btw, these patients were placed along the corridors (yes, not a special ROOM with a comfy BED). This is the reality. 

So be grateful.

And start cooking. I promise, you'll be happy and stress free!
Don't forget to exercise, because you'll not be fat free too by just cooking and eating (unless you give the food to someone else)

Assalamualaikum. 

3 comments:

Be positive. For whatever you may read and wrote from this blog ^_^